Latest Web Hosting News
1) Increasing Hosting and Cloud services spend
2) Infrastructure monitoring and alerting is the most used managed service
3) Growth in channel partner MSPs and M&As
4) Bundled IT solutions’ trend
5) Shifting focus on hybrid and multi-cloud managed services
- Increasing the efficiency with simple publishing, editing, and revisions of content, even without requiring any knowledge about the backend coding.
- Using effective methods to improve the SERP ranking of the website or blogs published.
- Maintaining the content workflow of the business.
- Solidifying the product branding.
- Multi-user CMS platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and Magento are some of the most popularly used platforms for content management. All of them are open-source and are built on PHP + MySQL platform with differing features and flexibilities.
- Companies and individuals many times face the challenge of choosing the right CMS platform. Hence, we have come up with a quick CMS platform comparison based on different parameters.
- User-friendly interface: It has a very simple to use interface and even a non-technical person can start using it. This is the reason why it is being used as a major blogging platform. Built-in themes, plugins, and installations further improve the flexibility.
- Support for multi-authors: WordPress supports multi-author functionality -something that most of the blogging platforms need.
- Great SEO functionalities: It supports auto-optimization using plugins like All in One SEO. With SEO in place, anyone can easily start blogging within minutes.
- Customization capabilities: WP supports easy customization, anyone with a simple know-how of HTML and CSS can start customizing themes as per requirement.
- Easy to use: It is quite easy to use but also requires a bit of an effort when a user starts working on it for the first time.
- Powerful functionalities: Joomla was initially launched as an enterprise-grade CMS platform and thus has the capability to manage more content volume than any other CMS platform.
- Strong extensions: Joomla has divided its extensions into five sections – templates, components, plugins, languages, and modules with differing power and capability.
- Developer community: Joomla has a very strong developer community who constantly work towards bringing new capabilities to the software.
- Multiple functionalities: Drupal contains a lot of features like advanced menu management, graphics modification tools, poll management and others.
- Supports various content types: It is known for its ability to support a lot of content variants like text, video, polls, podcast, statistics, and blogs etc.
- Documentation support: To facilitate content management, it also has detailed documentation, discussion forums, chat and mailing facilities etc.
- Plugins: It has several plugins available on its website and users can customize their own plugin sets as well.
- Flexibility: It provides users with WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, making management quite easier.
- Module support: It allows the users to manage a multitude of modules that can be easily installed and virtually stored.
- Mobile support: One of its peculiarities is its mobile-friendliness. It supports integration across multiple devices from iPad, smartphones to notebooks.
- Security: It is completely secure and has a strong set of security features.
Machine learning platforms’ comparison: Amazon Vs Azure Vs Google Vs IBM
- Amazon’s Simple Storage Services (S3),
- Amazon Redshift or
- MySQL databases in Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service).
- Amazon Command Line Interface
- Amazon Machine Learning Console
- Quick and easy way to create ML models due to automation.
- Offers scalability and hence can generate billions of predictions for user’s application.
- There is no set-up cost. Hence, one can start using it instantly and pay per usage.
- Proven technology used by Amazon itself.
- High-level automationFor those who look for full automation, Amazon ML platform is perfect. But, it cannot be used to train entry level developers the economics of machine learning.
- Limited PredictionsAmazon ML platform has limited prediction capacity – binary classification, regression and multiclass classification.
- Best fit for:High level automation gives speed to the entire process. Hence, it is fit for operations that have deadline constraints. The speed it offers will help build an application in seconds.
- Drag-and-drop environment of Azure Machine Learning studio
- Packages Python and R coding
- Ability to perform manual operations is good for learning the basics of ML.
- It supports a huge variety of methods, over 100.
- Supports multiple classifications like binary, multiclass, regression, recommendation, detection, text analysis and much more.
- Cortana Intelligence gallery is an added benefit.
- Deep learning processIt is not good for tasks that require quick implementation. Best fit for: It is a powerful tool for those who are just getting started with ML and need to develop a thorough understanding of this field.
- Google Command Line to control TensorFlow procedures using gcloud ml- engine.
- Strong Integrations with other Google services like Cloud Data Flow, Cloud Storage and Cloud Datalab.
- HyperTune the models to automatically detect the workable models.
- Fully Managed service ensures that one spends more time on developing and less on resource provisioning and monitoring.
- Portable models allow one to train the ML models locally on TensorFlow and download for local execution.
- Less pre-trained modelsThe availability of pre-trained models is less when compared to Azure. Best Fit for: Google offers the perfect environment for running ML applications within tight deadlines. Much like Amazon, it is also automated.
- Graphical Analytics Software SPSS for front-end
- API connectors
- Deep learning capabilities.
- Strong data visualization and description of various data values.
- It is mostly targeted towards large organizations.
- It does not process structured data directly.
Moving towards a more secure web
Chrome Security Team
[Updated on 12/5/16 with instructions for developers]
Developers: Read more about how to update your sites here.
Why Not Getting the .COM TLD You Want Might Not Be the End of the World?
Most Common Alternative
Sector Specific Options
Country & Region Options
Another great option for brands and businesses that operate in a specific region or territory is to register their preferred domain name with a country-specific TLD. For example, a Canadian company selling products or services to a Canadian consumer base can register a .ca TLD, or a United Kingdom-based company can do the same with a .uk extension. Currently, top country-specific domain registrations are led by China’s .cn TLD, and other top countries specific TLDs including .de for Germany, .ru for Russia and .tk for Tokelau.
Contention vs throttling vs shaping
Uncapped, unshaped fair use policies
- Security and compliance